NOTE: Charge your headset for at least 8 hours before using
it for the rst time.
NOTE: To enter the Pairing Mode, you must press and HOLD the
[POWER] button for approximately 10 seconds.
within 3 feet
(Press & HOLD)
Pairing the Bluetooth Headset with a Sony PlayStation 3
<SET ACCESSORY to BLUETOOTH on PS3>
1. Go to the PS3 main menu, scroll to and select “Settings”.
2. Scroll to and select “Accessory Settings”.
3. Scroll to and select “Manage Bluetooth Devices”.
4. The menu will ask: “The Bluetooth device has not been
registered. Do you want to register it?”, then select “YES”.
<REGISTER EM266 to PS3>
Put your Bluetooth Headset into pairing mode.
(See “Pairing the headset with a Bluetooth enabled device”)
1. Select “Start Scanning” from the PS3 menu.
2. Once the PS3 has discovered the Headset, the screen will read
“Select the Bluetooth device to register”, then select “EM266”
3. The PS3 will ask for a passkey. Enter  then select “OK”. Now
press [O] (the PS3 circle button) to get back to the previous menu.
4. Scroll to and select “Audio Device Settings” to change the
“Input Device” to “EM266”.
NOTE: “Input Device” is the microphone, and determines the
method of how others will hear you speak. By
default, the “Output Device” will now switch to “EM266”.
“Output Device” is the audio, and determines how you will
hear the PS3 audio and others speaking.
To test the connection, speak into the headset and you will see
the bars above the “Microphone Level” moving, if not, repeat the
Press “OK” to conrm the new settings. You are now ready to use
the Bluetooth Headset with your PS3 Entertainment System. If you
would like to hear the PS3 audio through your TV or Audio System,
scroll to “Output Device” and switch to “System Default Device”.
For further assistance with Bluetooth settings on your PS3 please
refer to your PS3 instruction manual.
5. Set your mobile phone to search for Bluetooth devices.
6. When the phone nds the headset, conrm by selecting EM266
from the list.
7. Enter passcode “0000” when prompted by the phone.
OR depending on which model mobile phone you are trying
to connect the headset to, it may not be necessary to enter a
passcode and the following message (or similar) may appear on
your phone’s display.
Select “Pair” to complete the pairing process.
Searching for devices
Enter numeric passkey
“EM266” would like to pair
with your phone. Would you
like to allow it to pair?
8. Your mobile phone will conrm that the pairing was completed,
and prompt you to accept the connection. Please select
“YES” to connect the headset to your mobile phone. If the pairing
was successful, the headset’s indicator light ashes a steady blue.
NOTE: The screenshots above are typical of many Bluetooth enabled
phones in the market today, and are used to assist in the
explanation of the pairing process. Your mobile phone’s
interface and interaction with the Bluetooth Headset may
slightly dier from the illustrations above.
9. When attempting to reconnect the headset to your mobile
phone, you may see the message below, and your mobile
phone will prompt you to accept the connection request to
the EM266 headset, and an option not to ask this again.
Please accept the connection, and if you select “Don’t ask this
again”, your phone will automatically accept future connection
requests from your Bluetooth Headset.
Confirm connection to
Accept connection request
Don’t ask this again
CAUTION: Although this device enables drivers to
conduct handsfree conversations, it is still safer to pull
over before using a mobile phone.
• Do not use the stereo earphone while driving.
• Always keep your full attention on your driving.
Driving while talking on your mobile phone is dangerous, and
illegal in many states.
Check local laws regarding the use of a mobile handset and wireless
headset while driving. If you use the Bluetooth Headset while
driving, ensure your attention and focus remains on your driving.
Please use your mobile phone, and our product
responsibly while driving!
1. Connect the USB cable to the charging socket of the headset.
2. Connect the other end of the USB cable to either the:
• AC Charger, and plug into a wall (A/C) outlet
• Computer’s USB port
3. The BLUE LED indicator light turns on.
4. The BLUE LED indicator light shuts o when the headset
is fully charged (approximately 2-3 hours).
NOTE: When the battery is running low, the BLUE LED indicator
light starts to ash.
S M L
Owner’s Manual About noise cancellation technology
Charging the Bluetooth Headset
Pairing with the SONY PlayStation®3 (PS3™)
In the box
Location of controls
1. Make sure the Bluetooth Headset is turned o.
2. Keep your Bluetooth Headset and mobile phone within 3
feet of each other during the pairing process.
3. Press and HOLD the
button until the BLUE indicator
light turns on, ashes several times, and becomes a steady
blue. The headset is now in Pairing Mode, and is ready to
connect to your mobile phone.
4. The headset is now in Pairing Mode and is ready to connect
to your mobile phone.
Pairing the headset with a Bluetooth enabled device
Enables the other end of your
conversation to hear you clearly!
This headset uses a dual microphone design to lter out wind and
unwanted external noise.
Using Noise Cancellation Technology, the headset compares the
sound from the twin built-in microphones, and is able to recognize
the dierence between voice and unwanted background noise.
Noise Cancellation Technology
Answer/end a call