Hot Swap Procedure
• TopWorx™ 4310 Wireless Position Monitor with On/Off
Control Option Instruction Manual (D103622X012)
4320 Wireless Position Monitor with On/Off
Control Option Instruction Manual (D103621X012)
This procedure is used to 'swap out' a depleted power module with a new power module without having to remove
power from the device. It requires two test leads with banana plug connectors and micro-plunger clips and a new
power module. This allows the device to maintain operation and avoids disrupting the wireless network.
A Hot Swap parts kit is required for this procedure. Contact your Emerson Process Management sales office for kit information.
This procedure can only be performed when the position monitor is located in a non-hazardous location. Performing the
Hot Swap procedure in a hazardous area could result in personal injury or property damage.
Refer to figure 1.
1. Attach the banana plug connector end of the test leads to the new power module, taking care to prevent the wires
2. Connect the clips to to the WP2/WP3 Backup Power Terminals on the main board.
3. Loosen the four self tapping screws (see figure 2) and remove the depleted power module.
4. Position the new power module over the connections and insert on to the main board. The banana plug connector
end of the leads will come loose from the new power module.
5. Remove the clips from the WP2/WP3 Backup Power Terminals.
6. Tighten the four self tapping screws to a torque of 0.282 N•m (2.5 lbf•in) to ensure that the power module is
7. Close the cover and tighten the instrument cover screws to a torque of 5.6 to 6.7 N•m (50 to 60 lbf•in).
Instruction Manual Supplement
4310/4320 Wireless Position Monitor