1. TUNING Control.
2. Power On/Off, Volume Control.
3. POWER ‘On’ Indicator.
4. BAND (AM/FM) Selector Switch.
5. FM Telescopic Antenna.
6. Earphone/Headphone Jack.
7. AC Socket.
8. Dial Scale.
9. Battery Compartment.
LOCATION OF CONTROLS
Connect the small end of the power cord to the AC socket on the side of the cabinet,
then connect the plug to a 120V 60Hz AC household outlet. Connecting this unit to
other power sources may damage the unit.
This unit has a polarized AC plug with one wide blade and one narrow blade.This plug
will only fit into a matching polarized AC outlet. This is a safety feature to reduce the
possibility of electric shock. If this plug will not fit in your AC outlet, you probably have
an outdated non-polarized outlet. You should have your outdated outlet changed by a
qualified, licensed electrician. Do not file the wide blade on the plug, or use an adapter
to make the plug fit into your outlet. This defeats the safety feature and could expose you to electric shock.
• Open the battery compartment by sliding the door in the direction of the arrow.
Insert 3 pcs ‘C’ size batteries, not included, into the battery compartment. Make
sure the batteries are inserted in the correct polarity.
• If the sound gradually becomes weak and distorted, replace the batteries. Always
use a well known brand of alkaline batteries and replace all 3 batteries at the same
• If the radio will not be used for a long period of time (30 days or more) remove the
batteries from the battery compartment to prevent possible damage and corrosion
from battery leakage.
USING THE RADIO
1. Turn the radio ‘On’ by rotating the Power On/Off-Volume Control counter clockwise.
2. Select either AM or FM band with the BAND selector switch. Turn the TUNING knob until the desired station is heard.
3. To turn off the radio, rotate the VOLUME control knob clockwise until a slight click is heard.
Extend the telescopic rod antenna to its full length, adjust the direction and angle for best FM reception.
The AM antenna is inside the cabinet. If AM reception is weak rotate the entire unit slightly until you find the position that provides the
For private listening connect an earphone or headphone with a 3.5mm plug to the earphone jack. The built-in speaker will be automatically
Visit our web site at www.emersonradio.com
AM / FM PORTABLE RADIO AC / DC OPERATION